Skip to content

General

13 results found

1. Allow us to duplicate our saved maps

I need to save a map at several different resolutions (to serve to different devices). Currently I'd have to build my map from scratch several times. I'd love instead to just be able to duplicate or "save as" a map I've already created.

158 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Download size isn't big enough

I think that a square of 1000px is not big enough for any purpose. I'd like to use a map in a project and i'd need at least 2024x4048px.
    I'm sure that you already think about it, but you maybe would add a feature to download in bigger size, maybe a payable option?

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! We would really like to support larger images too and are looking into adding this as an option soon. We’ll let you know when we get closer to release.

Thanks again!

3. do a shopify plug in

are you guys planing on adding a shopify plugin or a squre space plug in ?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add custom marker icon / graphic

There should be a way to upload a custom icon / graphic for the map marker(s). I know this is possible through the google maps API using var image = 'customimage.png';

I believe adding this functionality to the snazzymaps web interface would be incredibly useful for custom styles. OR, This functionality should at least be added to the wordpress plugin, so a custom marker can be set alongside the styled maps.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would really like to add something to make it easier for people to add markers to the map. We will be looking into some solutions in the future but if anyone has any suggestions, please comment here.

5. snazzy maps for Openstreetmap ?

a complete open source service would be great !

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m not too familiar with OpenStreetMap but from what I’ve seen it looks really complicated to style them.

Are you familiar with styling OpenStreetMaps at all?

6. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to see if there is a standard set of query parameters that Google supports through their API. If there isn’t we would have to just make our own query params and initialize the map with them.

I’ll look into what’s possible.

7. Download Image needs to reference original source

The point of Downloading the map image would be to propose a selection of colour schemes to either a client or the design team. It needs to contain a reference so that once a color is decided upon it can be linked back to the original source on Snazzy Maps website

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s an interesting idea and I can definitely see the benefit. We might be able to make something but the tricky problem would be to get a unique ID for every possible style combination. There are a lot! We’ll have to see what’s possible.

Thanks for the feature request!

8. Improve saving features

I don't know if I'm just being stupid, hopefully not, but it would be nice to be able to make amends to an existing map and save as a different one without overwriting the one I was editing. I just done some edits, and renamed the file, and saved it and it's overwritten the existing one which is pretty annoying. Now I've lost the original set of changes :(

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for submitting this idea! It definitely makes sense if you want to save the style as a new one with a different name. However, we will still need to support users who just want to change the name of a style and not create a new one.

We might be able to have another popup that is displayed asking if you want to save as a new style or update your existing one.

We’ll have to think about this one for a bit!

Thanks again

9. An option to do "COPY CODE TO CLIPBOARD" with javascript Minifier

So that we can copy the following
    [
    {
    "featureType": "administrative",
    "elementType": "all",
    "stylers": [
    {
    "visibility": "on"
    }
    ]
    }
    ]

like such:
    [{"featureType":"administrative","elementType":"all","stylers":[{"visibility":"on"}]}]

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please let us search by Hex colours!

If I need to match the map to my colour scheme exactly, without spending time editing / creating my own, it would be great to see if anyone has created a map with the colour I'm looking for first. Cheers

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

That’s a really cool idea and one I have thought of adding before. The difficulty arises because in addition to just the hex color, you can define saturation, lightness, and gamma. Not to mention you can tweak just the hue of any element as well. Calculating the resulting hex color sounds really difficult to me and might not even be possible if we don’t get all the data from Google that we need.

I’d like to add something similar to the Dribbble color search (https://dribbble.com/colors/66ee78) but we might have to look into what is actually possible for the styles.

Thanks for the suggestion!

11. Fix the edit module.

I got big problems editing a map. After a number of operations like switching things off and on, I get the basic map with no option to edit anymore. And please create a function to COPY styles I made, so I can vary on the theme. I now have to save over my previous wrok.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately there is a limit to how many styles that Google applies to the map. Beyond this limit they revert to the map’s default styles. I’ve raised a bug with Google here:

https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=8043

At the moment there is no workaround for the issue other than trying to reduce the number of styles you are using, sorry! Instead of toggling off all of the most specific features, try disabling one of the parent features and clearing out all the settings underneath it. Hopefully Google will find a better way to support this in the future.

As for the copy feature, this is something we are looking into adding as well. For now, you can copy the JSON from one of your styles and create a new style using the JSON Import feature. This way you’ll essentially be able to copy a style but I agree, a…

12. translatation files

Do you envisage some translation files .po .mo ? To have admin in other languages ?
    I could help you for french.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Logging in to save means changes are lost

So, I've created a new map, ready to save it and then I notice I'm not logged in. Logging in means changes are all lost due to page refresh...

Either this needs to be fixed so styles are saved on refresh, or you need to be able to paste the code back in to make further changes. Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General