Skip to content

General

12 results found

1. Export maps as a vector file not as a jpg

As a graphic designer I think it would be great if a map of a specific area could be saved as a vector file so it can be edited in Illustrator.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d love to be able to add this support but unfortunately this all depends on Google adding this feature. We don’t have access to any of the vector information through the API and can’t do any exporting of it.

Hopefully Google will add this feature in the future!

2. Build a Google Earth Plugin or Allow for Exporting of High-Res Images

As an architecture student, these are fantastic. However, I'd really like to be able to export portions of stylized maps as high resolutions images (well, I'd love to have vector files, but I understand that's a Google limitation). Is there any way to do that?

I know that Google Earth Pro allows for the export of high-res images; maybe a snazzy map plugin for Google Earth would work? Or maybe it'd be easier to implement the function independent of building a whole plugin, I don't know.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are only able to style maps currently because Google has a feature to do so via their JavaScript API. While I’m not too familiar with Google Earth, I haven’t been able to find any documentation on how to style their maps. If you know of any documentation please let me know and I’ll take a look at it!

As for the high-res output, Google doesn’t support this through their JavaScript API, so there isn’t much we can do :( We get a lot of requests for this but it’s simply not possible at the moment.

Sorry for not being able to support these ideas but we are really limited to the features that Google provides. They don’t allow a lot of low-level access to their vector files or map data. Hopefully in the future they will add something though!

3. add support for Jetpack Map Shortcodes

we use jetpack and using their shortcode to generate a map will be very helpful instead of having to install more plugins.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

That’s a great idea but unfortunately Google doesn’t allow styling maps embedded using their IFrame API. Until Google adds support for this, we will still have to depend on plugins that add maps using the JavaScript API.

Thanks,

4. Google High(ish) Def exporting is possible, but is it compatible?

Google does allow exporting HD maps (see below), but It doesn't seem like I can export a stylized snazzy map to do so. Could this be addressed / integrated?

•Go to My Maps Google website https://www.google.com/mymaps
    •Click on ‘Create a new map’, you will be required to sign-in with your gmail account.
    • Search your location and zoom in/out as desired.
    •In the left panel click on the doted bar icon next to ‘add layer’ and ‘share’. A drop down menu will appear, click on the last link ‘print map’. (add screen pic)
    •Select the required size and output.
    •Press…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have noticed that you can export maps from Google My Maps too. Unfortunately Google doesn’t support this same functionality through their API. Only their own products can do it.

Hopefully they add support for this through their API in the future but until then there isn’t anything we can do, sorry.

5. add gradient feature

Is there a possibility to add gradients to Snazzy maps?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Static Map Styles

Is there any way your generator can also render the styles syntax used for static maps? Otherwise, please add this!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Emphasize City Districts on the Map

First of all I'd like to say I really like your service.
    Secondly, I was wondering if it is possible to focus on only one cities and somehow emphasize different city districts inside that city (I am interested in only one city).
    If this is possible, please tell me how to do it.

Many thanks & best regards!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks! We’re glad you liking the service so far.

Unfortunately, Google doesn’t provide the ability to to highlight areas within a city. They don’t even have a way of retrieving this type of data from their API.

It would be quite a bit of work to add this in yourself if you really needed it. You’d have to find a service that provides these district boundaries and then draw them onto the map using their drawing API. It might be possible but would be pretty tricky.

Sorry about that! If you have any other questions let me know.

8. iOS / Android Integration

Does this support mobile platforms? if so, how and how much will it be?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Click to edit areas or item

It would be nice if you could click an item on a map, and have it recognise what type of item this was to edit it in the left panel. Far too often I'm trying to change the colour of something and I'm barking up the wrong tree, or literally can't find the right option to change. This would make things super user friendly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This would be an amazing feature to add. Unfortunately, Google doesn’t support anything that would allow us to create it, sorry!

We can’t determine which feature or element is clicked on the map, Google doesn’t track any of this information. Maybe if Google adds some more features in the future this could be added, but at the moment this can’t be done.

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. image capture

Capturing images is now avaiable, it is absolutely great option but only to some extend. Will it be possible in the future for example to capture entire city area with maximum zoom with one click?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

That sounds like a cool idea but isn’t something we will be supporting. We would have to tile together lot’s of other images from Google Maps in order to create an image at that zoom level. This would result in a very large image file and would be quite difficult to do.

If you find an alternative solution, please let us know.

Thanks!

12. Zoom in/out less granular

Hi - I was wondering if there was a way to have the zoom in/out tool change in a less granular way. I feel like I am always looking for something in the middle when I zoom in by one click only.

Thanks in advance

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This is a good idea but it’s just not possible in Google Maps. Until Google adds support for more zoom levels, there’s nothing we can do. Maybe they’ll add it in the future but it won’t be anytime soon, unfortunately.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base